- 61 new tiles and new animations for water/lava/acid tiles
- Added support for bigger tiles
- A more advanced tile linking, with more drawing shape transitions
- Worlds are defaulted to 100x100 tiles but now with support for expansion (will be added in future updates)
- Lots of World Editor bug fixes & quality of life improvements
- Fixed active players number in worlds
- A lot of general bug fixes
Everything was completely rewritten. The update will have only a small number of changes from previous version but it will allow us to work more efficiently on new gameplay features and artwork.
- Main Menu has been replaced with a Lobby world
- Now you can test your world right in the World Editor by pressing T (You switch between test mode and god mode)
- Magic Shield powerup is now absorbing an amount of damage instances (e.g. You can no longer freely swim inside Lava, as the absorb instances will deplete)
- Added Insertable tiles (e.g. Spikes inside Water)
- Runner Mode temporarily removed
Gameplay changing update
- 2 New tile types: Wire and Wirable.
- Tile properties.
- Improved Level Editor.
- 7 New tiles and two tile changes.
- Wire is a new tile type that gets triggered only by objects (players and monsters).
- Wirable is a new tile type that requires power in order to be triggered.
- Spikes revamp from harmful into harmful wirable.
- Door changed from interactable into interactable wirable.
6 New unique Base Tiles:
- Pressure Button (Wire that triggers when a player or a ground monster stands on it)
- Button (Interactable Wire that triggers off after some time)
- Lever (Interactable Wire that can be triggered on and off)
- Gate (Wirable that opens when triggered)
- Semaphor (Wirable, when having power it triggers on and off with intervals)
- Sign (A tile that displays a text tooltip when near it)
Additionally, Decoration tiles also have the Tooltip and Trampoline has the Rotation properties.
1 New droppable Tile:
- Button Hazard (Works exactly as Button)
Level Editor changes:
- New Move/Select tool: allows selecting, moving and copying tiles.
- New Wire tool: allows attaching (and unattach – right click) wires from a wire or wirable tile to a wirable one, additionally supports selecting to change tile properties.
- Existing tools improved, Grid readded, and most tools now have Alt or Control/Command modifiers (Selecting also has a Shift modifier).
- Level borders are now editable and camera boundaries at the bottom while not in live edit mode has been increased.
- Improved local level editor data, it will now save the camera and player position if applicable, along with other settings.
- Added two new types of camera movement: Camera Edge Pan and Middle Mouse Scroll.
- Restrictions for live edit mode are now completely removed.
- Color (select the color of the tile, currently only for Doors and Keys)
- Rotation (4 or 2 types of rotation)
- Triggered (if the wire is triggered by default, currently only for Lever)
- ON Power (power it gives when triggered)
- OFF Power (power it gives when untriggered)
- Required Power (power it required to trigger [more or equal])
- Reversed Required Power (if checked, “Required Power” turns into [less or equal])
- OFF Delay (Time it takes to untrigger after being triggered, currently only for Button)
- Decay (if checked, lerp from ON Power to OFF Power instead of turning off only after “Off Delay”, currently only for Button)
- ON Duration (Time it stays triggered, currently only for Semaphor)
- OFF Duration (Time it stays untriggered, currently only for Semaphor)
- Tooltip (editable on Sign and Decoration tiles)
Also many other tweaks, fixes, and improvements.
Notice: Any client from now on will have proper out of date messages, any previous version will have infinite connection problems.
- Inventory & Item Drops. (A few previous base items are now droppable)
- 4 New Tiles: Metal X (different color variations), Desert Cactus & Tombstone.
- Deathmatch Score is now calculated differently. (Kills / Deaths & multiply by 10 if 0 deaths, old Kills – Deaths)
- Level Editor sidebar now has Respawn button.
- Fixed Monsters, Checkpoint and Trampoline animations.
- Fixed a bug that broke Chat.
- A few other backend fixes.
- Level boxes will now display how many players are playing it.
- Balance changes to Pistol, Shotgun and Rocket Launcher.
- Appropriate weapon will now be displayed.
- Bullet positioning fixed.
- Lots of other backend fixes.
- Return of Rocket Launcher weapon.
- Return of Mass Sleep powerup. (with 2 seconds duration, 3 with mastery)
- New Lazer* weapon. (piercing bullets and no reload)
- New Mass Slow powerup. (60%(70% mastery) slow for 8 seconds)
- Fire Bullets powerup will now shoot with fire bullets.(Fire Bullets cannot be picked with a Lazer or Rocket Launcher)
- Fixed an apparel bug that changed apparel for the wrong user.
- piercing bullets fixed.
- minor UI fixes.
Players with Magic Shield powerup should not be affected by Mass Sleep/Mass Slow.
This update doesn’t have many visual changes, though we have a completely new back-end. We want you to try it and report any problems. Don’t forget to invite your friends. This game is meant for multiplayer.
- Level Editor live editing. (Spawn your character and play/edit at the same time)
- New matchmaker window for Runner mode.
Deathmatch mode is now available in Level Editor. ?
A completely new back-end.
A lot of bug fixes (and completely new bugs too, haha).
Changes to Player movement, Powerup, Weapon and Mastery values.
Rocket Launcher weapon and Mass Sleep powerup are disabled temporarily.
A few UI changes and improvements.
We know Squarelaxy didn’t have updates in a while, but an update is coming very very soon! Stay tuned.
– New tile: Checkpoint.
– New Christmas hat.
– Bullet polish.
– New winter tiles: Ice, Christmas Tree, Snowman.
Bug fixes & improvements:
– Swimming overhaul.
– Accessories & feet are now shown in play mode.
– Fixed doors & keys.
– Fixed monster behaviour with platforms.
– Fixed player apparel layer order.
– Fixed naked guests.
– Fixed username sometimes not displaying in main menu.
– A few UI improvements.
– Other minor bug fixes.